Sunday, April 29, 2012

I can tell the season is changing by the foods I crave.  Fresh greens.  That's about it. I just want fresh greens--maybe lightly steamed but mostly raw.  Specifically, asparagus and lettuce and peas and radishes and baby spinach.  I'm thinking about fresh fava beans lately too (which I think are probably almost in town if not already here). It isn't that I wasn't eating greens all winter, but I'm so over kale and collards at this point.  I want tender leaves!!  Spring is most definitely here.

Funny how when you start to eat more seasonally, you start to crave seasonal things.  Even funnier is how I thought this was all a load of crap just a few years ago.  I'm trusting my body these days and if I want to spend my evening chewing leaves all night--well then that is what Imma do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Every morning I awake torn between a desire to save the world and an inclination to savor it. This makes it hard to plan the day."

-E.B. White

Blog Archive