Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Memories of Michael Jackson As Seen Through the Eyes of My Sister

This is the entire email thread between me and my sister today. My sister is in italics.

"So, I was already bored with the Michael Jackson nostalgia hullabaloo by Friday (I'm a jerk, whatever). However, my one fond memory is of you in hysterics, holding up a portable tape recorder up to the (one) tv speaker to record the audio of the infamous Pepsi commercial. Good times."

I do not remember that.I think you are lying.

How do you not remember that??Do you remember sending Mike an invitation to your birthday party?

What?!? No I don't remember sending him an invitation to my birthday party.

I think you might be suppressing the 80s. Yes, you did both.
P.S. He didn't show up to your party

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh~oh... that denial is telling. On the other hand, you're not exactly suppressing it if you're going to see Duran Duran in the near future, hmmmmm?

    Ha ha! Triumph!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not going to Duran-Duran. It was $50 for general seating! No way could I justify that.

    ReplyDelete

"Every morning I awake torn between a desire to save the world and an inclination to savor it. This makes it hard to plan the day."

-E.B. White

Blog Archive