Saturday, March 10, 2012

more signs that i am finally returning to myself...

-stack of books from the library at my feet regarding from scratch cooking and pantry cooking and home-projects to make one less dependent on carbon fuels.
-Oat bread cooling on the counter (gads I love grinding my own flour)
-Half-written grocery list with gallons of raw milk listed to get going cheese for future ravioli filling
-A gallon of vinegar brought up from the basement to see what I can start pickling
-New notebook of graph paper with the garden sketched out
-cake recipes bookmarked and needing to be decided upon for Friday

Tomorrow is all about seed-starting and working from home on a number of work-related things. I'd rather not do the work stuff but as it always is, stuff just blows up when I'm busy and I've got a couple studies that desperately need to get off the ground.  I'd much rather spend all day messing with soil and seeds

Oh, and I need to definitely spend at least a bit of time in downward dog.   It isn't the same at home, but it's all I can throw down for the moment.  Keeping my fingers crossed that in a few months the financial situation changes and I can return to the  studio.  All those years I poo-poohed yoga and really the problem was that I didn't like it because it wasn't in a 100 degree room.

Got an online class starting in 2 weeks regarding BMT and after that at some point this summer I'll have to prepare for the CRC certification.  I'm not too concerned about either one--just need to get more boxes checked off.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Every morning I awake torn between a desire to save the world and an inclination to savor it. This makes it hard to plan the day."

-E.B. White

Blog Archive