Saturday, February 11, 2012

Last year I took a week off of work about this time.  And I said some kind of crazy things to Awesome Husband that scared him. Things like trying to make art and sell it.  Or moving out of the country.  With no plan. just an idle idea.  And not like WE were moving out of the country--like I was going to do this thing and I hadn't given any thought to our family and the impact.   This was all very distressing to him (ya think?) and I couldn't understand it.  I may or may not have been talking in metaphors.   I still don't quite know.  

A year later and I haven't quite done anything different. But I've been moving at a glacially slow place to start to implement plans. I'm still laying groundwork. I'm still not sure if if me leaving the country is metaphorical or not. I'm still plodding along as if it is both metaphorical and actual.

Today I can see real movement in where I was from last year, even if it is only evident in my internal world.  I have finally made friends with uncertainty. At least for the moment.  I have found my center again.  I am letting the garbage go.

so comes love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Every morning I awake torn between a desire to save the world and an inclination to savor it. This makes it hard to plan the day."

-E.B. White

Blog Archive