Sunday, October 30, 2011

1) At some point, the dog has learned the phrase, "Go to bed".   I'm not sure when this happened.  This is the first time I said it to him while I stayed on the couch.  He's in his doggie bed in the bedroom and down for the count.  This is a different command than "Go to your mat" (where the mat might be anywhere in the house).  I now believe my dog is a genius. This will change tomorrow when I watch him expend 20 calories trying to lick 1 calorie off the floor.

2) I'm having a "soup attack".  I am not a big soup eater and in the last 2 weeks, the only thing I want to eat is soup and hearth bread.  I've got ants in my pants for tomorrow's CSA drop so I can get an apple and parsnip soup done.   I'm not dealing with this change in weather well.

3) Tomorrow I get back on the bike.  I'm just going to ride up and down the hills of my neighborhood for a couple of weeks to try to rehabilitate the hip issue.  My favorite bike commute times is late September-early January and I can't deal with not being back on her.  I'm going to just have to force the issue for awhile and take it easy. If I can rebuild my strength in my neighborhood, I should be commuting again in no time.

4) The hip issue gets worse and not better.  I also notice that I get older.  I further notice that I become sloth-like after each setback.  Like most everything now that I'm closer to 40 than not--it's "use it or lose it".  I need to be serious.

5) January 19th is the date I get credentialed again. I took a preliminary test last night to see how I would do.  I could, in theory, pass rig  Now that I'm moving forward, I'm rethinking everything.  I swore I would never do hospital work again, and at this moment--I'm trying to figure out what i need to do to do part-time research  My world and future has just opened back up for me now that I'm returning to my roots.  Too many doors shut in the last 14 months with the studio and the future of the family I dreamed about.   Those weren't really my dreams anyway, just me being supportive and hopefully being able to find a place within it.   I have been waiting for someone to rescue me, perhaps for my entire life.  I am 37 years old and only now discovering that I must create the world I want to live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Every morning I awake torn between a desire to save the world and an inclination to savor it. This makes it hard to plan the day."

-E.B. White

Blog Archive