Saturday, March 5, 2011

vitamix!

So I totally splurged on my vitamix (that I use almost every day) and bought the dry grinding attachment that goes with it.  I do already have a grain ginder and I don't regret buying it.  I thought it would be stupid to buy something that I couldn't use if the power was out/i decided to live like a hippie with minimal electricity.

The reality is that I find a manual grinder more trouble than it is worth. I don't feel like dragging it up and hten attaching it and spending 15 minutes grinding (so effin' lazy), and breaking everything down and putting it away.  It really isn't that much time, but with my working 7 days a week most weeks, almost anything that is going to break down my psychological barrier to start doing right by making it on my own.

I gotta admit, taking only 2 minutes to grind grian and be on my way was pretty awesome and it felt like "no big deal".  I'm hoping that I can get back to a loaf a week again.

I'm taking off all day tomorrow to clean up the much neglected garden, getting everything together, and finally starting to start some seeds (i'm really behind). I've got to figure out what I need ot start ASAP--aside from some greens).  I still haven't planned the garden.  It may be just another "put someting in the frakin' ground".   I don't care right now.  We just need some food, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Every morning I awake torn between a desire to save the world and an inclination to savor it. This makes it hard to plan the day."

-E.B. White

Blog Archive