Friday, January 1, 2010

Sublime

I could write about resolutions for this year, but I never make any.  Perhaps I'm lazy. Perhaps I just don't like the pressure.  I just find them silly. 

I could write a year-in-review, but I do so much navel gazing as it is, that I'd just get bored trying to write a summary.  What can I say about 2009? Everything changed.  Everything stayed the same.  I finally moved out of inaction on things that have been brewing in my head for 20 or more years.  This is the year I finally starting becoming  the Person I Always Wanted To Be.

I have nothing particularly poetic to say, but I found some writing from the woman who wrote "Made From Scratch" that just blew me away.  In fact, if I wanted to talk about what this last year was for me and what next year holds, she has summed it up perfectly.  I'll travel deeper in my new lands and be less from around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Every morning I awake torn between a desire to save the world and an inclination to savor it. This makes it hard to plan the day."

-E.B. White

Blog Archive