Saturday, August 22, 2009

I haven't mentioned this before, but John Jeavons is my hero. Honestly. I've been devouring his books lately and I'll probably just end up buying all of them. I love him. I love him so much that if I met him, I might throw my panties at him. Seriously.

AwesomeHusband is very patient with my fangirlness about this man. Seriously. I know I talk about my garden and what I'm eating (or rather, what I'm not eating as it goes). But there is a bigger picture that I'm always attuned to that is way bigger than my just culinary needs. Food is life. I learn not only for my own self-indulgence, but to pass it on.

There is enough land to feed us all. I honestly believe this. We either might not know how, don't have the resources, or have let things get out of control into non-sustainable practices. But I think there is a better way. And I want to learn it and share it.

Food is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Every morning I awake torn between a desire to save the world and an inclination to savor it. This makes it hard to plan the day."

-E.B. White

Blog Archive