Saturday, June 27, 2009

You have to be kidding me

So, last night at 8:45 pm I announced with some smug satisfaction that I was finally done with a very belated birthday present! Just needed to do one final thing and tah-dah!! And then I went to try on what I did just to see what it looked like.

And I realized I made 2 of the same thing.

This is wrong. This is very wrong. This is an epic fail of wrong. No, not 2 of the same thing. I need opposites. I spent a month undoing and fixing a thing that was an exact replica of what I just did and never looked at it closely enough to say, "Uh, something isn't right."

My face fell and AwesomeHusband asked if he should leave me alone and waited for either the explosion or meltdown to occur. Nothing happened. I just sat and stared at what I did and occasionally quietly made comments about how blown away I was to have made such a stunning, blatent error and let it go on until completion. And sat. And stared. And stared some more.

AwesomeHusband said that I waas obviously traumatized because I only tend to go quiet and be still when my emotions are off the charts.

I mean, I guess it's better that I find this now instead of when I give the present to JitsuLassie. That would have been comedy gold. I'm half-tempted to go actually just buy a present and save this for the holidays because at this rate, she'll never get this freakin' thing.

I did realize that the directions given to me were wrong (lesson learned on grabbing cool designs from people who aren't actually designers, only speak/read Japanese and have translated their design into English using Babblefish or something but can't understand it and so are unable to make corrections or explain things). She had basically copied and pasted the critical part of the design instead of re-working it for what it was supposed to be. I should have caught it, but it just didn't occur to me. So, I'll have to figure that part out for myself. Guh.

Well, I guess my whole question I've been having for the next few days on what my next project will be is put on hold. My next project is still the same project I've been working on for months. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Every morning I awake torn between a desire to save the world and an inclination to savor it. This makes it hard to plan the day."

-E.B. White

Blog Archive