Friday, June 5, 2009

BBA challenge #3 and more food stuffs

Tonight I start the process of making bagels. My lovelies from the King Arthur Flour Company came in last night. I did some preliminary research and found out that it takes about 30 minutes of kneading to get all the flour incoporated and a smooth piece of dough. Eegahds. I was tempted to have my beloved Kitchenaid do the heavy lifting but it sounds like this dough would burn out a mixer.

Tomorrow I'll pick up some canning equipment and a ton of strawberries that are on sale and attempt my first pass at making jam and hopefully get around to starting a cheddar wheel.

I think Beatrice might still be alive. She looked pretty happy this morning when I fed her. I'll know more in a day or two. I'm going to have to go through close to 30 lbs of flour this next week to fatten her up. She better be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Every morning I awake torn between a desire to save the world and an inclination to savor it. This makes it hard to plan the day."

-E.B. White

Blog Archive