Saturday, June 20, 2009

And I hope you blink before I do. Yeah, I hope I never get sober

For our wedding, we decided that for wedding favors-- we'd make a CD (shhh! Totally legal. Totally.) of inappropriate songs for a wedding. The whole thing was just too overwhelming and sacred not to take it lightly at some place.

The last song on the CD was really the central theme. I would have gladly played it as our "first dance" except it isn't really danceable and the romantic half of this partnership (that would be the person in this marriage which is not me) would have been reall pissed if I snuck it in.

Anyway, I just ran across the song again today and I swooned and felt giddy about my life and my marriage. I'm not sure what that exactly says about me. It probably isn't good.

If you haven't ever heard of the Mountain Goats, give them a listen. When you are listening, if you run across the song, "No Children" well, then, you'll get an inside glimpse of my marriage.

If you don't know us so well, you'll probably think I'm not being so complimentary. If you did, you'd say, "oh hey! That's Jerkface and Knucklehead's love song!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Every morning I awake torn between a desire to save the world and an inclination to savor it. This makes it hard to plan the day."

-E.B. White

Blog Archive