Thursday, May 14, 2009

BBA

I recently picked up "The Bread Baker's Apprentice" to round out all my bread cookbooks and made an internal promise to myself that I'd start baking bread at least 2x/month. I happily just discovered that there can be a method to my bread-baking madness:

The Bread Baker's Assistant Challenge

It looks like it might be a little too late for me to sign up, but I can follow along with this nifty calender. Baking once a week is a little daunting, but we'll see how it goes. I like the idea that I'll have made about 43 different types of bread in about a year. It'll definitely be a good way for me to get a handle on what I'm doing and fills my need to not do the same thing twice. There is nothing stopping me from making more than 1 bread a week, I guess.

That's a lot of bread. I'm sure I'll be giving a lot of it away.

Anyway, tomorrow I start with the Anadama bread. Maybe I'll even take photos of my journey (and maybe learn how to photograph food on the way).

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Every morning I awake torn between a desire to save the world and an inclination to savor it. This makes it hard to plan the day."

-E.B. White

Blog Archive