Monday, March 30, 2009

Experiment in Seed Starting: Take 1 and randomness

Last night I put the hot pepper, sweet pepper, romaine, eggplant, and zucchini seeds in little dirt pods and placed it on the kitchen window sill.

Of course, I had to check them first thing this morning to see if anything happened yet. You know, just in case seeds sprout instantly when it's dark out.

Found a couple of vegan blogs that make me drool. I don't know why cooking is so much more exciting to me now that I just want to eat fruit, vegetables, seeds, and fake meat. I just know that I'd rather be home today cooking up 1000 dishes than stuck at this stupid job.

The Mister and I talked about my cooking last night. The big "problem" I have in becoming a very proficient cook is that I never cook the same dish twice so I can't ever improve on it if it doesn't work out exactly as I hoped. In the last year and a half, I've made 3-4 dishes more than once.

I'm not sure how to solve this. I mean, there is the easiest solution which is to actually cook things more than once--but how boring is that?!? Why would I want to do that when there is always something new to try?!? I don't read the same books over and over. I don't watch movies the same movies over and over. Why would I cook the same thing over and over? That simply will not do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Every morning I awake torn between a desire to save the world and an inclination to savor it. This makes it hard to plan the day."

-E.B. White

Blog Archive