Thursday, December 2, 2010

Baby steps

So far this week I've gone from: not working at all this weekend, to going into the office one day, and now just deciding to work from home.   There just isn't enough time in the day to get everything done and I feel like a disorganized, chaotic mess at work. I can barely see my desk.  I hate working like this. My impulse is to go to the office and try to dig out, but that never works.   Maybe if I can bring home just a couple of things and limit myself to a few hours of actual productive work, I'll feel better.    I become less productive the longer I stay in the office.  I know these things and yet, it is difficult to knock it the hell off.

I need to winterize the garden.  It's late in the season to do so.  I still have things to pull up/dig out/etc.  THese things can no longer wait.  Work can.  Or, rather, it will.    There is bread to be baked this weekend and pho to be made.  There are photographs to be taken and soap to be processed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Every morning I awake torn between a desire to save the world and an inclination to savor it. This makes it hard to plan the day."

-E.B. White

Blog Archive