Sunday, March 14, 2010

There is enough minutes in the day

I've been working 10-12 hour days (including Saturday) this last week due to last minute requests. This will most likely go on for the rest of the month.  The month I need to be planting.   So, I'm seriously less than thrilled with having to jam in everything on Sundays.  No rest for the wicked.

Also, no photographs. Barely any cooking (although I have to crow that I made the most awesome pancakes with my left-over cultured buttermilk topped with my kick ass applesauce.  (I have no idea how I made such ridiculously amazing applesauce and I'm pretty bummed that I only have 2 jars of it left. I could eat it on a daily basis.))

Peas finally got in.  Planted radishes, lettuce, spinach, rutabagas, turnips, and green onions outside.  I really hope I wasn't jumping the gun on any of it.  

I'm already out of room for the 1 indoor light set up I have for seed starting.  I'm trying to figure out when I'm going to have time to put up a 2nd light in Awesome Husband's room before I kill off the pepper plants that aren't getting enough light now that I re-potted up the tomatoes. :/ Yikes.

It occurred to me when I was putting in the peas this week that I could have actually started them indoors. I didn't think you could/should do that but I saw some for sale at Swanson's.   Because I don't seem to get enough sun early enough in the year (and I really don't think I'm getting enough sun right now for what I just planted), it makes more sense for me to start more stuff indoors at the "right time" and then just put it out when the sun cooperates.  This means definitely having to expand my set up for next year. 

I really hope that I can carve out some time to get my thoughts out on this blog instead of what I'm currently doing. I've got a number of things in my head.  Unfortunately, 10-12 hours in front of a computer all day means that it is the last place I want to be when I get home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Every morning I awake torn between a desire to save the world and an inclination to savor it. This makes it hard to plan the day."

-E.B. White

Blog Archive