Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Always trying to catch up

Barely got any work done on the poor half-dug up sod.  Part of me wants to say, "Eff it" to the idea of getting in a cover crop this fall and just build the beds and do sheet composting over the existing sod.   Of course, I'd still feel like I would need to double dig in the spring because I'm really curious to try to French Intensive methods.  :/  That and trying to get enough materials to compost down to 6" beds by spring makes me itchy.  That's a LOT of stuff.  I figure it would have to be at least 12" high if not closer to 24

In other gardening news, I've pulled up the tomato plants.  I have a couple of pounds of green tomatoes ripening in the kitchen window right now.  I was hoping to wait until this coming weekend, but the weather took a serious turn for the worse.  I harvested Molly the Eggplant as well.  I've got about a pound of tiny, thin eggplants from her. Not sure what to do with it yet.  Rescued the rainbow pepper plant and am just going to keep it inside for the winter.   I'm worried that my lime and lemon tree are going to drown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Every morning I awake torn between a desire to save the world and an inclination to savor it. This makes it hard to plan the day."

-E.B. White

Blog Archive