Monday, June 1, 2009

I never go to things like Bumbershoot or the Capitol Hill Block Party because I absolutely cannot stand crowds. If I was even 2-3 inches taller, I might like them--but I can never see anything but people's armpits. I'm not even talking about not seeing the stage--I mean, I can't see 3 feet in front of me. It's just a maze of bodies.

Do you know who is playing this year at the Capitol Hill Block Party?!? Do you?!????

Sonic Youth.

Do I need to tell you my feelings about Sonic Youth? No.
Do I need to remind you that I spent many a teenage year just wishing I could be Kim Gordon?

I really have to re-consider this ban on crowded places. Of course, this may be the same wistful feelings of "Oh gads! I just have to see them!" that I had a few weeks ago when I found out the New York Dolls were playing.

Of course, what stopped me seeing the New York Dolls was the realiziation that I wanted to see the New York Dols as they were almost 40 years ago. I'm wondering if I want to see the Sonic Youth of 20 years ago. Then again, unlike the NYD--most of the band members haven't died and they aren't exactly doing a reunion tour. They've been putting out albums.

I wish they would have just played a regular venue. I'll have to tell my sister to catch them in Chicago later this month and to let me know how it was.

Gads. Sonic Youth. Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Every morning I awake torn between a desire to save the world and an inclination to savor it. This makes it hard to plan the day."

-E.B. White

Blog Archive